Sunday 10 March 2013

Important people i met online

Friends:

Kevin
I met Kevin on interpals, during the 2010 South African World Cup. I remember i was in a really good mood that day, it was one of the days that i just HAD to talk to people. It rarely happens. On interpals, i rarely messaged anyone at that point of my life, but that day was an exception (Thank God!). I remember i visited 4-5 profiles before i visited Kevin's. Then, after reading the profile and deciding that he was cool, i messaged him- i don't remember what i said.
I remember that i didn't look at his photos or age- some time later when i realized he was 14, i was SHOCKED. Anyway, we had a conversation which made me laugh a lot. I was generally in a good mood because of the world cup, as weird as this sounds. No events happened in my life at that point: i was just breathing. Somehow watching matches everyday on tv was exciting me. God it sounds wrong. But anyway me and Kevin were joking a lot about the World Cup when we first met. I don't remember the jokes: i somehow remember joking about waka waka and south africans entering the games without tickets. I'm smiling right now, it was really funny
Then we became really good friends. We somehow have our own "inside jokes" about everything, and we still write to eachother in a weird english dialect, called koreanglish. We have a word we use: "bandy", i don't even remember what that means for us but we still use it all the time. It's just bandy. It's the bandiest word ever invented!
I'm really glad that i met Kevin, and i'm glad that he still tolerates my weirdness. He's a really nice guy, and i'll always be surprised when speaking to him, surprised about how much he knows for his age and surprised by his abilities in languages. He's going to achieve a lot in his life, this kid!

Favorite quote:
"True, bandy was but bandily over is."

Trevor
What can i say about Trevor? He is a funny human being. In fact, i don't remember when i met him. I remember he messaged me first, don't remember what he said, but i'm glad i replied. At that point, if i replied to someone it meant that the person was either really funny, or really smart, or both.
He is definitely the proof that Americans are not stupid or ugly or fat, hah.
Anyway, he is the kind of a person who is really easy going towards his friends, i don't even remember him getting angry at anything, ever. He's really admirable for that.
He doesn't know how important his friendship is for me, obviously because i never told him, but it really is. I think he thinks that people you meet on the internet are not really that important, but i do think they are and i do think he is one of them.
I had some internet problems for some months, and i am now thinking, what did i miss most about the internet? Trevor's jokes, conversations with him and our common good friend, Gonzalo, and generally them. I could survive without internet, because i was talking on the phone with Utku everyday anyway, but i now realize that i was definitely missing them.
I have always been laughing with Trevor's lines, my God. Hilarious. He is much into racist jokes. He makes fun of everything. He has a thing with the Jews. He always blames them. Gonzalo on the other hand blames the Palestinians for everything. Aren't they just perfect for eachother?
I'm looking forward to meeting both Trevor and Gonzalo in real life. I'm sure we'll manage to do it.
Well it seems that i can't write about Trevor, without mentioning Gonzalo too. It's crazy. In my mind they are equally important. They definitely have a different kind of personality, but i need them both.
The conversations with Trevor relax me a lot, even his jokes. I always feel better when i talk to him.

Favorite quote:
"Have you ever even had a fajita or a burrito? They're ******* delicious! How dare you slander my culture like that, you swine? I'm reporting you to Interpals!!"

Gonzalo
There are still debates about WHEN i met this Spanish homosexual spiritual Gemini (i remember WHERE though, it was under the Greek version of the "Dragonball opening" video, on youtube)-i know, we're lame- but he ended up being really important for me.
First and most important, he had a a very big influence on my thoughts, since at that age i was still searching for answers and had very mixed feelings towards world issues. Second, he made me laugh. So much that, after speaking to him on msn (yes, at that time we were all using msn) for 7 hours, until 4'o clock in the morning, i couldn't sleep because of the excitement: i was thinking about the things he was teaching me about Spain, and i was laughing at his lines.
What i remember(God it was so many years ago..) was his picture on msn. It was a crossed hamburger (nowdays he is telling me that he was on a diet then, so that explains the crossed hamburger. Hilarious). I didn't know how he looked like for days, because of that hamburger! I also remember that it was summer, and i was eating ice-cream while we were talking. (Why do i only remember the food?)
Even if he claims to be spiritual, a paganist, and all that shit, he was the person who influenced me in becoming an atheist, and he probably doesn't even know that. My political thoughts were influenced by him a lot,  too. He was my first real foreign friend, that's why i was so happy speaking to him.
I should also thank him for convincing me to make an interpals account, where i met some other special people too.
Anyway, we still are friends and we will probably still be for a lot of time. He's the kind of person that you can't do without. If i go too long without hearing his bullshit, i miss him. He is an adorable and hilarious man.

Favorite quote:
"We've taken over Israel, the Jewish State, source of all forms of cultural homophobia since the Leviticus was written. Don't underestimate us. Our goal is world domination."


Boyfriend
I've been trying to find excuses to show Utku my blog today, so that he sees this post about him. He still didn't check it! Oh well. He'll probably see it tomorrow i guess, and he'll be like "ohhhhhh awwww Blablubleeeee awww". And then i'll be like "really??". And then he'll be like "ashsuhssysushsffugff837". We often have very profound conversations like these.

Well for the start, he has managed to become the person in my life that i can't do without. He is caring, sweet, smart, handsome and he treats me amazing. I've never even imagined that boyfriends can treat their girlfriends that way.

Here you can see one of our photos together in our bed, this is me and nigger Utku with green hair, pirate hat and one eyebrow. This is how we really look like, by the way. As you can see he keeps a train toy because he loves the chaf-chouf train sounds. We also lay on bed with our shoes, and his pijama is usually a doctor's uniform:
 

Well, from that you can understand what kind of person i'm talking about. HE made that SHIT. He's funny and witty, and completely crazy sometimes. That's why i love him anyway.
We met on 9gag, under this post about Greek economy. (LOL)
He had a discussion with a nationalist Greek guy, i "liked" his comment, we started talking on facebook and basically this is how we met. Thank God my cousin Alex was sending me 9gag stuff, so at that point i was really into 9gag posts. Now i rarely see stuff over there but that's another story.

Anyway, the rest is simple, we met and everything. We walked together for hours, talked for hours, watched movies while eating cheese and aimlessly wandered inside shopping malls. We laughed and cried together.
I keep on fighting with my demons and he helps me a lot. Our experiences, the fact that we have been through similar situations and the fact that we are scared of the same things made us connect even more i think.
Even though he deserves a very long text written by me, i can't say anything more than this right now: I love you, thank you for being next to me, you are what keeps me going on. You are amazing!
 
Favorite conversation:
 
utku:
where's my dummy:(((
where where
 
me:
bhjvbghgvhybghbjhn

utku:
blublu

me:
bubiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
bluuuuuuuu
gluuuu

utku:
mu bububih
babu!!

as he says cavemen speak better than we do^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment